Wednesday 16 September 2015

Free books and e-mail lists.

Although I didn't do the full Nick Stephenson's course I did watch the free videos and have adopted several of his very useful suggestions. The most complicated of these was setting up a male chimp account in order to collect names for my email subscribers list. I've yet to send out an email to my 50+ subscribers, but I shall attempt to do so at the end of the week as I shall have some exciting news.
In order to do be successful it would appear that having a perma-free book available works best. I can't do this as all my books are Kindle Select, so I came up with the ingenious solution of putting a different book in a free promotion for five days each week. The Duke's Reform will be going up on Thursday 17th September.
I'm re-editing all these early titles and republishing them. I'm working on A Mistress for Stansted Hall at the moment and this will come out next Thursday.
The other titles shown have appeared over the past four weeks; I intend to continue putting up something different over the next three months and then, if it hasn't worked, I will stop.
I'm fortunate that I have more than thirty-five titles to choose from. The books I'm using all went up before I employed an editor and proofreader and relied solely on my beta readers and myself to make things as error-free as I could.
I'm gaining half a dozen new subscribers with each free book which is good. However, what is even better is that each promotion has put me into the top five hundred in the Kindle free book lists, and in the top three of several Regency/historical lists. I'm hoping this will rejuvenate my sales, which have been somewhat slow over the past two months.

Fenella J Miller




No comments:

Post a Comment